Frontend Engineer with NodeJS, React, AngularJS
Hello, thank you for stopping by.
We are Smart Code, an innovative and fast growing Bulgarian software company building our own products!
Stremio and AdEx are on top of our efforts!
Stremio is a video streaming hub used by more than 5 million people around the world. The product line includes a desktop app covering all major platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux ), mobile apps for iOS and Android and a TV app based on Qt. Stremio works in browser, too ;)
Currently, we are looking for experienced front-end developer to join our team here in Sofia. The team consists of 12 fantastic professionals and you can find more about us on our company page.
:: Work process
You will be working on both projects. Of course, the work process is consistent, and well organized in order to keep your workflow uninterrupted and smooth.
Recently, we have successfully launched the AdEx beta, so probably we will focus on this for beginning.
:: Required technical knowledge
- Solid experience with front-end frameworks including Vue.js, React, AngularJS (1.x or newer);
- Strong experience with NodeJS;
- Excellent understanding of HTML5 and CSS3;
- Excellent understanding of how browsers work: fundamentals of TCP, HTTP / HTTPS, DOM and the general architecture of the web;
- Familiar with MongoDB, Redis, or other NoSQL DBMS;
- Understanding of browser security (e.g. XSS);
- Solid experience in API implementations and REST;
:: The following will be great advantage
- Android / Java experience;
- iOS / Objective C / Swift experience;
- Worked with/in video streaming;
- Worked with lower level projects, e.g. C/C++
- Worked with bash scripts, automation on Linux
- Strong GitHub presence and involvement in open-source projects is highly valued;
:: Understanding layout & UI implementation
- Excellent understanding of highly-effective UI implementation following good practices;
- Familiar with Apple Design and Material Design guidelines;
- Highly intuitive about good UI and UX;
:: Personal requirements
- Creative problem solver with critical thinking;
- Cooperative team player with good sense of humor;
- Self-motivated and highly effective, with minimum need of supervision, asking the right questions;
:: What we offer
We appreciate our team members and invest in their professional development in various shapes and forms such as conferences, seminars, online courses, books.
The office environment we put together is really fun. We love gadgets! We have a lot of them around!
The fun part is that we need to test a lot.. so you can find anything at the office! :)
Full list of benefits:
- Working with latest technologies;
- Competitive salary with achievement bonus;
- Home office options;
- Flexible working hours;
- Very friendly office environment;
- An amazing team of young experts;
- Extra paid vacation days;
- Free public transport;
- Free MultiSport card;
- There is always beer, wine and snacks at the office;
- Beer Friday starts at 3pm (in other days we drink beer after 5pm);
:: Bottom line
If you are looking for a big, fancy corporation, we are not one. If you want to build the future of tomorrow, we would love to talk to you!
Just click the Apply button and let's get in touch!