Blockchain Security Engineer (PR)
** Blockchain experience not required! **
We're operating in a very new industry and we're prepared to bring candidates up to speed! Few sectors are hot as blockchain right now - talk about professional growth :)
Join the Swarm
We're developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help.
At it's core, PolySwarm is market design enabled by smart contracts. We're (literally) programming a market that will produce crowdsourced threat intelligence (malware detection today, more tomorrow).
No one has done this before. We'll get things wrong - that's okay! With your help, we'll get fewer things wrong, identify mistakes earlier and improve processes to prevent future missteps.
You're in on the ground floor - you'll have a say in what we do and how we do it. By joining Swarm Technologies, you'll be joining a dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information (computer) security and blockchain - answering questions few have thought to ask.
If you're interested in any of:
- information security
- blockchain (Ethereum smart contracts in particular)
- malware reverse engineering
- market design (a la Who Gets What and Why by Alvin Roth)
- technical challenges that cannot be solved via iteration
- unknown unknowns
... then we're interested in you.
The Ideal Candidate Is...
- independently motivated & self-directing
- introspective: able to identify weak spots / problem areas our existing processes or code and suggest / implement solutions
- interested in information security topics outside of work - huge props for capture the flag (CTF) participation!
Example Big-Picture Problem
The Ethereum block time leaves a lot to be desired for a marketplace that intends to supplant millions of malware scans a day.
How do we best reconcile millions of scans daily with a 15 second block time and today's block size limits?
Example Tactical Problem
The rust-web3 bindings don't support WebSockets. WebSocket support is necessary for subscribing to "push" notifications of Ethereum events: https://github.com/tomusdrw/rust-web3/pull/101
At Swarm Technologies, you'll tackle both big-picture and tactical problems :)
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Unlimited* paid vacation days
- Travel (if you like). We have offices in San Diego, Puerto Rico and Tokyo and we often find ourselves travelling elsewhere. If travel interests you, we can scratch that itch.
- Flexible work hours - outside of scheduled meetings, we don't care *when* you work, we care about your output.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
*Within reason! We avoid arbitrary numbers for vacation allotments. Take what you need, don't abuse it. As a start-up, we may ask that you avoid vacation for crunch times.