Django Backend Engineer (Werkstudent / Student Job)
In the last years, we successfully built up an R&D company that develops great products using latest technologies. We do this with an unique approach: combining a fixed core team and a huge and strong community of developers, engineers, makers, hackers, and designers. In the community, there are freelancers, academic researchers, and senior elite students that then work on projects on a flexible basis.
You could join our community as a Django Backend Engineer in a student job position (in Gemany called "Werkstudent").
This is not a 100% remote position. You'll have the option to work remotely, but it is not a fully remote position. Please don't apply if you can't guarantee to come to our office in Munich or Stuttgart once in a while (especially in the first few months).
- Currently pursuing studies in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or similar
- Optimally located in southern German area (e.g. Stuttgart, Munich, Augsburg, Nuremberg, Karlsruhe, etc.), as Werkstudenten should be able to come our offices every now and then
- Hand-on experience in web application technologies such as Python, Django, or Flask (or NodeJS maybe)
- Good software engineering basics (e.g. patterns, architectural questions)
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Having worked in agile environments, being able to follow the SCRUM process
- Good communication skills in English in writing and speaking
- Having worked with Docker, GitLab CI, or comparable tools
- Taking over a central role in web development projects at Motius
- Joining various teams, topics, and customers (e.g. Microsoft, Innogy, BMW, Siemens) for building strong and beautiful web & app projects, e.g. for Smart City usecases, Blockchain applications, or IoT products
- Perspective: after graduating becoming a fullstack engineer and leading the scrum process with teams of 2-5 other developers and 1-2 DevOps engineers
- Discussing the technical realisation of feature requests with Product & Project Owners
- Organizing code reviews, pair programming sessions for improving the quality of the team
What we offer
- Being part of our huge and interdisciplinary tech community of 600-800 developers, engineers, makers, hackers, etc.
- Flexibility (remote work 30-70% possible)
- Above average salary (for Munich tech startups)
- Getting great and unique insights into different industries by joining different projects from time to time, e.g. building a solution with BMW in the IoT area for 4 months, and then joining a Microsoft Xbox project afterwards
Some of the values we share here are
- open communication and a constant feedback culture (flat hierarchies help here)
- diverse teams (not really a value, but diverse teams lead to great results in our opinion)
- comitted to personal growth (as a young company, we all grow day by day)
- eagerness, curiosity, and desire to build new products, learn new things, try things out, fail fast, etc.
What you can expect here
- a young team that wants to grow with you
- a steep learning curve and definitely a place to take over ownership and responsibility for something
- a diverse team with over 10 nationalities and tech backgrounds as software engineers, designers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, etc.
- a self-funded healthy startup that grows constantly and is profitable from year one
- of course coffee and team building events and all these hippie startup things
Please apply either via Stackoverflow or via our Motius Platform (www.motius.de/talents) directly in our community
- Step: Review of your profile and background
- Step: First interview via Skype/Hangout or in person in Munich
- Step: Technical Test (e.g. via Hackerrank)
- Step: If successful, becoming part of our Tech community at Motius
- Step: For a concrete project, a concrete technical interview with a Technical Project Manager at Motius