Senior Software Engineer (Web Platform)
Whats the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate, hands-on technology leader to help expand our cutting-edge blockchain analysis products. As a Senior Engineer within our web team, we expect you to have both strong coding abilities and a passion for developing a high-performing team comprised of engineers, data scientists, and data analysts.
You will drive forward the design and development of our Web APIs and Apps while building a positive team culture where you are supporting colleagues and empowering them to grow as technical leaders and people.
What youll do:
Overall you will collaborate with engineers to develop scalable, flexible APIs and intuitive UIs that enable users to achieve their goals efficiently and reliably.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain - how it works and the various services that use them
- Guide the technical implementation of at least one of our high-profile customer-facing web products (including associated internal management tools)
- Help make architectural decisions (and implement them!)
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Lead and develop a team of engineers - taking care of hiring, on-boarding, mentoring, career development, and performance management
What is the work like? What are the challenges?
From an engineering point-of-view the biggest challenges are:
- Ensuring our application architecture is fit for purpose - covering performance, scalability, maintainability, and security
- Designing for a mix of real-time responses, batch processing, and proactive alerting requirements
- Staying on top of blockchain developments, forks, etc. that could affect our systems