Lead Technical Engineering Manager, Liquid
Pioneering advancements in blockchain technology infrastructure, Blockstream is the leading company extending Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new asset types and financial markets. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, privacy, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager that can lead and grow a team of talented and creative engineers and ensure smooth and timely delivery of the core Blockstream’s offering -- Liquid.
- Drive the engineering team to deliver on product milestones
- Grow, build, mentor, and motivate the team
- Work closely with the product team to negotiate feasible product roadmap milestones
- Advise the team on key architectural and design decisions
- Technical background in CS or a closely related field
- Extensive experience developing complex software systems
- Experience growing, mentoring, and leading highly technical teams
- Experience working with large C++ codebases
- Proven ability to learn new technologies
- Portfolio of complex products and systems and ability to demonstrate role in their delivery
- Experience working with product management, business teams, and other stakeholders to negotiate feasible and realistic roadmaps
- Extensive experience developing systems under Unix / Linux
- Working understanding of best engineering practices in designing cryptographic systems
- Strong understanding of common software and networking vulnerabilities and the engineering practices to mitigate against them
- Strong interest in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
- Record of contributions to open source projects
- Experience building one or more cryptographic systems
- Experience contributing to (or building a system on top of) blockchain technology, bitcoin or another cryptocurrency
- Experience designing and developing peer-to-peer or other highly distributed systems
- Significant contributions to open source projects
- Leadership of one or more open source project
- FinTech experience
- Startup experience
- Embedded systems and hardware engineering experience
- Experience having developed or implemented a formally-specified protocol
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience programming in Rust
- Tell us why you are excited to work for Blockstream. We read Cover Letters!
- Please send your resume and cover letter in WORD or PDF format to [email protected] We would like you to focus on your major achievements.
- Place the text "Lead Technical Engineering Manager" in the subject line.