Technologists and trailblazers needed to create innovative software
What is the Job?
Your role will be to write great code to support Barclaycard Payment Solutions growth aspirations. You will do this by providing commercially strong, highly secure and innovative payment solutions that will support and enhance our existing product suite.
You will form part of a key development feature team developing using an Agile methodology, fulfilling tasks in design, development and test in a fast paced and ever changing environment on real time systems where reliability and security is paramount.
What do you want from me?
Our leadership team summed it up well in their vision.
Nurturing everyone to deliver solutions that delight our customers
When you join, you join a cross disciplinary Agile team and you are empowered to build the way you want to. You will work closely with the Product teams to determine what we should create next, and why, and then it's over to you and your team colleagues to work out how to build something you are proud of.
Everybody in the team is actively encouraged to participate with ideas, skills and experience and everybody should feel like they own what they have created.
Innovate and explore new challenges
We are an Agile development organisation. We have been that way for at least 6 years, now utilising the best bits of a scaled agile framework. We totally understand you can't stand still in the world; we need to try new things e.g. solve our challenges with brand new technologies and you need to be brave in a way that's safe to fail so that we can learn and be better.
Aside from your day job you will be actively encouraged to innovate and you will be given the time to do that. That could mean playing around with the latest technology you've heard about so you can encourage your team to adopt it; or getting together with some colleagues to build an app for charity, or finding out exactly what block chain is.
Be part of our change and growth
As an area of the business we are the trailblazers for the move to the cloud and we are committed to improving our continuous integration and deployment platforms this year.
We are a growing part of the company with a reputation for delivery. For that reason we have received significant investment from Barclaycard. There’s a lot of great new stuff we want to build! In the last two years we have nearly tripled in size as a department and that isn't stopping any time soon, which is why we are looking for you.
What skills will I need?
We’re looking for people who are really enthusiastic about building great things well. However, we can't lie, it will help that you know the technologies we build those in...
Strong commercial experience in as many of these as possible:
- Java / J2SE
- Server side full stack application development on JBOSS 6 or higher
- Server side applications utilising Spring Framework
- Web application design utilising Angular JS
- Developing using an Agile methodology
It would also be nice to know this stuff…
- Experience of Continuous Integration and automated build technologies (e.g. Chef, GIT, Grunt)
- Experience of building in the cloud (AWS)
- Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle) and Non-Relational databases (e.g. MongoDB)
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive basic salary plus annual bonus
- Fantastic benefits including 10% company pension contribution and family friendly policies such as flexible/dynamic working
- Career development
- Great working environment with time off for citizenship activities and a focus on colleague Wellbeing
- Working with super smart Developers in a collaborative, dynamic environment, using the latest technologies