Senior Node.js Developer Curious About Blockchain
Tierion is a proof engine. We’re creating a global platform for verifying any data, file or process.
Our vision is a future where the blockchain is the standard for trust and verification of the world’s data. We started by building Chainpoint, an open standard for creating a timestamp proof by anchoring data to the Bitcoin blockchain. Next, we launched the Tierion Network; a global network that delivers Chainpoint as a service. Our work is guided by a simple principle, create useful technology that’s beautifully designed and easy to use.
We need your help to advance the development of the Tierion Network, and create innovative products that will have a major impact on the Internet. If you’re excited about working at the forefront of the blockchain industry, we should talk!
You should have a deep expertise with Node.js and experience with distributed systems, \blockchain, microservices architecture, REST APIs, and software library development. We’re seeking team members with strong development experience, a desire to craft highly performant distributed systems code, and are satisfied with nothing short of excellence.
A bit about our team: We have a focused engineering team that cares deeply about building great software. Our toolchain is based on Node.js, CockroachDB, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Consul. We keep everything glued together with Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes. We work hard and have a lot of fun. Our team values positive energy, self-starting, clear communication, craftsmanship, and continuous improvement.
- Build, test and ship software using modern tools like Node.js, CockroachDB, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis, Consul.
- Work with our leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy, and help make your team members better developers.
- You have at least 4 years full-time Node.js development
- You’ve designed and implemented micro-service architectures
- You’re a master of asynchronous programming using (/async/await, etc.)
- You have a strong grasp of distributed system development
- You’ve designed and developed HTTP REST APIs
- You have strong experience with NoSQL and SQL databases – PostgreSQL and Redis
- You’re experienced in the design, development, and maintenance of open-source software libraries
- You have strong test oriented development using Mocha, or similar testing frameworks for API unit and Integration tests
- You’re a Git master
- You’ve developed for Linux Alpine, Ubuntu, macOS and Homebrew
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed
Nice to haves
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other blockchain tech
- Experience with cryptography (SHA2 Hashing, public key and symmetric key cryptography, etc )
- Experience in Ethereum development with Solidity programming language
- Experience with Docker, Docker-Compose or Kubernetes
- Experience building applications on Google Cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.