Senior Blockchain Engineer
**This position is based in our Toronto, ON office, near Union Station **
Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire a Blockchain Engineer to join our growing team. You will be a critical engineer on all blockchain related development at Polymath.
- Be the key contributor and guide development and improvements relating to securities specialized blockchain technologies;
- Act as a technical expert when Polymath engages with other technical experts in the research, specification & implementation of blockchain technology;
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in blockchain research, especially in areas related to privacy, consensus mechanisms and identity;
- Co-authoring the technical sections of the white paper or other research papers related to advancements in blockchain made at Polymath;
- Contribute to the solution’s end-to-end architecture, including where each key capability needs to be implemented (layer 1, side-chain, smart contract, etc.) for adaptability and scalability.
- Previously actively involved in a project that developed a new blockchain, either from scratch or by modifying existing blockchains;
- Deep understanding of various consensus protocols (PoW, PoS, Tendermint, Raft, PBFT, ALGORAND, etc.);
- Experience building synchronous and asynchronous models, their quirks and workarounds in distributed systems;
- Minimum 6 years technical background;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify technical data into crystal clear ideas;
- Creative and entrepreneurial person with excellent teamwork skills and startup attitude;
- Ability to see the big picture vision and translate it into finely detailed development plans;
- Understanding of basic cryptography (ECDSA, PKI).
- Experience with building systems in Go or Rust
Nice To Have:
- Experience building parsers/compilers for backends such as LLVM, EVM or other VMs;
- PhD with background in distributed system, cryptography;
- Published technical papers or articles on related topics.