What do we do?
We empower everyone in the world to take full control over their personal finances. To promote the adoption of blockchain we provide a technology which allows everyone to develop their own financial solution, built on the Request Network. We establish a standard for blockchain transactions, shaping the future of financial transactions (i.e. invoices, loans, payments, salary, donations) and their compliance for accounting, tax and audit integration.
We are looking for a Back-end developer who has a strong interest in blockchain technology, open-source, decentralization, security, and testing. You can work autonomously, have a strong integrity and are up for the challenge to build a more efficient future.
You will join the Request Network Foundation team, and specifically the Protocol Team, which is part of the YCombinator network. We share strong values and have been working together for several years.
- Contribute to a decentralized payment protocol built on the blockchain
- Own entire features of the Request Network protocol: Research, specify, implement, test and audit improvements and additions to the protocol
- Work autonomously inside a high performing team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams inside the foundation as well as with external actors (developers, partners, community)
- Contribute to the future of the protocol by improving scalability through research on solutions such as Plasma and Tendermint
- Help the community developers to build on top of Request Network
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the rapidly evolving blockchain ecosystem and drive changes in the protocol and the team
- Analyze usages the protocol and identify and prioritize improvements
- Participate in the choices of engineering methodologies, tools and organization
- Create and improve the tools to support the protocol
- Self-motivated, innovative, proactive and with integrity
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and tasks
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally in a team environment
- Solid knowledge of CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, databases, distributed systems, operating systems, networking
- Advocate for the best engineering practices
- Provable capacity of providing clean solutions to complex problems.
- Consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of API design (REST, RPC)
- Good understanding of git and continuous integration tools
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of node.js and related tools and languages
Bonus - this makes you stand out
- Experience developing on top of Ethereum: development and deployment of smart contracts, understanding of blockchain tools such as web3js and truffle
- Experience with several blockchain platforms and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the blockchain architecture
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Python, C/C++, Go, concurrent programming, containerization, application/network/system security, test-driven development, cloud computing
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
Why work with Request Network?
- Being on the frontier of this new and exciting technology, you will be given the chance to lead the way forward!
- You will have the opportunity to work in a highly ambitious team that wants to have a lasting impact on the way we experience finance tomorrow;
- Work in an informal and friendly environment that is very open to new initiatives and ideas;
- The team is inclusive, with inspirational and international colleagues that like to participate in team events;
- You have input in the Amsterdam Spotify playlist;
- Ride a Request bicycle around Amsterdam to stay efficient and healthy.
This role is based in Amsterdam. Remote work will be partially possible after a while.
Want to join?
Are you convinced this job is for you? Apply directly through our Job Portal and we will review your application as soon as possible.