Applied Blockchain is an innovative application development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
Applied Blockchain has an expert team of blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporates clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors.
We are building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
This is a full-time, permanent, in-house position in our new office in Porto.
What you’ll be doing:
· Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS/Azure cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions system.
· Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
· Automate application deployments using configuration management technology.
· Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
· Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services.
· System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
· Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
· Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required skills & experience:
· 2+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer in a commercial environment.
· 2+ years experience with Docker Compose, (desired: Docker Swarm and tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible is essential).
· Experienced with CI processes and tools (Jenkis).
· Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
· Bash scripting/programming skills + knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
· Have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement.
· Extensive familiarity with at least one major cloud provider (Azure, AWS).
Additional desirable experience:
· Professional experience managing and operating solutions built on blockchain
· Knowledge of Docker Swarm and tools such as Chef or Puppet.
· Experience with the maintains of high traffic websites and web services.
· B.Sc. in Computer Science or another equivalent technical discipline.