Building game changing Mobile applications
Want to shape the future of online experiences? So do we. We are growing our team at Deloitte Digital to enable us to build greater digital solutions for our clients. We've been doing this for a while now and we've got pretty good at it. However, we're always looking for better and more fun ways to do things. Here are just some of the tools and techniques we're using at the moment:
- Behavior Driven Development
- A DevOps approach to build and continuous deployment
- Elastic Cloud Based Environments and Architectures
- Rapid Prototyping Tools
We also continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers and allow us to deliver at incredible speeds. There are far too many to mention and we aspire to use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high quality reactive software for this decade and the next. Some of the areas we are looking at currently are:
- Alternative JVM Languages and frameworks
- Micro-services and cloud native design
- Container based architecture
- Blockchain platforms
- Work with outstanding talent across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients.
- Work with team leaders to develop product and design specs for the components you’ll be working on as part of any new build.
- Own design, implementation, and testing for the system for those components.
- Write product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components. Organises review and/or release of documentation when required.
- Implement and execute tests of assigned portion of system components.
- Recommend improvements to assigned portion of system components.
- Communicate with members of other departments and other members of development to ensure effective implementation.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as required by the Engineering Procedures.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our clients.
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You’ll also have
- Demonstrable knowledge commercial knowledge directly-related experience within software development.
- Experience working in development teams using agile development methods and supporting tools such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Working experience in Android development and proficient with using Android Studio and related tools.
- Experience with core Android APIs and frameworks such as Retrofit, Dagger, Espresso, Mockito etc.
- Knowledge of other Android UI/UX standards and material design guidelines.
- Understanding of general design principles/patterns used in Mobile Application development.
- Experience of writing Unit and UI tests on Android.
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of asynchronous APIs to offload tasks from UI thread.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work objectives; use resources effectively and efficiently; demonstrate reliable work habits; and organise and self-direct execution of tasks/duties.