Job Summary: Lead Engineer (San Mateo, CA)
The Lead Engineer will take a leadership role in mentoring team members, defining product architecture and hands-on delivery of prototypes and software to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints. You will not only own your own projects but should also be able to jump in where needed, providing deep expertise and guidance to other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work together with product management and other members of the development team to deliver products that delight customers, on time and on spec. Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Develop and drive repeatable processes for the organization, direction, and control of product development activities.
- Structure meaningful OKRs, formulate long-term objectives, and create and model measurable standards of excellence for the department.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to other members of the team, as well as perform hands-on architecture definition and product development. You are both a key individual contributor as well as a manager, mentor, and support resource.
- Act as a key technical representative in relevant client and prospect meetings, at conferences, and as a resource for other departments.
- Ensure that all members of senior staff understand current project status and department challenges.
- Be a student of current development trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its leadership position and that team members follow best practices in coding and delivery.
- Assist in hiring the necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments. Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Education & Experience: Technical degree, 10+ years of engineering experience designing, prototyping, and developing high-quality enterprise B2B web apps and/or SaaS apps.
- Experience with high-scale enterprise-class application backend web development leveraging J2E, AWS, streaming technologies (Kafka, etc.), Jenkins, and blockchain.
- Deep understanding of modern API-based web app architectures. Experience with AWS a plus
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- “Out of the box thinker” willing to take innovative product risks while balancing the roadmap for on-time deliverables.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management skills.
- A professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative.