The Role: Software Engineer
As an engineer on our team, you’ll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. We have a strong culture of code reviews with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges at scale that directly impacts our clients and institutional investors, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop new products and features across all aspects of our business - financial exchange, customer accounts ledger, blockchain operations, our website, internal admin. tools, API automation access, anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) compliance.
- Craft automated tests and describe manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Collaborate with other engineers to review code
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Advanced knowledge in at least one language (We use mostly Scala and JS) and confidence with a few others (Java or C++...but we aren’t picky)
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Work experience or knowledge of the finance industry, think trading or exchange systems