Senior Visual Designer
Does the thought of crafting the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? Do you love helping others around you grow, thrive on building cross-functional teams with Offering Managers and Developers, live to ship beautiful and functional products and strive to build a phenomenal place to work?
If so, read on!
Todays operating environment demands a stack thats responsive to the creative enterprise -one that can demonstrate all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will give at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Businesses are prioritizing the secure connection and extension critical apps, and IBM Cloud is a leader in providing these solutions. Heres the chance to become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team a well-established user interface design team crafting integrated cloud services for IBM's Cloud Platform.
We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX/Visual) Designer in Austin, Texas with a consistent track record of delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers most meaningful business problems and opportunities. You will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. You will demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
- Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
- Work with UX Designers, Visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand users needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
- Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Translate findings into usable, useful, user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX standard methodologies
Who You Are
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess skills in solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal interpersonal skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches. We seek team members with design experience to...
- Produce and improve low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Craft interactive prototypes
- Tell a meaningful story about the user and phenomenal presentation skills
Wed LOVE to hear from you. Come help us shape the next generation of IBM Cloud.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- 4 years of design experience solving complex user problems and in working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in a design field or Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction or relevant work experience
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
- Validated Design ability and leadership experience
- Experienced with design principles and their application
- Ability to work closely with technical staff to understand products technical limitations and design solutions that meet users needs even with tight constraints
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Masters Degree in a design field or Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction
- 7+ years of experience in design
- Successful track record participating in interdisciplinary teams informed by partner and user inputs
- Experience crafting clickable prototypes (Flinto or Invision)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.