Principal Blockchain Engineer
Polymath is an interface between financial securities and the blockchain, helping issuers to overcome the complex technical and legal challenges related to issuing regulated securities on the blockchain. We are a team of start-up veterans, legal experts, finance professionals, and all-star developers looking to hire a Principal Blockchain Engineer to join our growing team. You will be the lead engineer on all blockchain related development at Polymath.
- Be the key contributor and guide development and improvements relating to securities specialized blockchain technologies;
- Act as a technical expert when Polymath engages with other technical experts in the research, specification & implementation of blockchain technology;
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in blockchain research, especially in areas related to privacy, consensus mechanisms and identity;
- Co-authoring the technical sections of the white paper or other research papers related to advancements in blockchain made at Polymath;
- Contribute to the solution’s end-to-end architecture, including where each key capability needs to be implemented (layer 1, side-chain, smart contract, etc.) for adaptability and scalability.
- You were previously actively involved in a project that developed a new blockchain, either from scratch or by modifying existing blockchains;
- Deep understanding of various consensus protocols (PoW, PoS, Tendermint, Raft, PBFT, ALGORAND, etc.);
- Experience building synchronous and asynchronous models, their quirks and workarounds in distributed systems;
- Minimum 6 years of technical background;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify technical data into crystal clear ideas.
- Creative and entrepreneurial person with excellent teamwork skills and startup attitude.
- Ability to see the big picture vision and translate it into finely detailed development plans.
- Understands basic cryptography (ECDSA, PKI).
Nice To Have…
- Experience building parsers/compilers for backends such as LLVM, EVM or other VMs’
- PhD with background in distributed system, cryptography;
- Published technical papers or articles on related topics.
Polymath Studios and Polymath Networks are equal opportunity employers. Every effort to accomodate candidates for accessibility with disabilities participating in the selection process will be made available on request. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Polymath Studios and Polymath Networks would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.