Software Engineer in Richardson, TX Java, Algorithms, Blockchain, Ground-Floor Development. Multiple openings! An opportunity that doesnt come along very often.
Why should I apply here?
- An early-stage, forward-thinking startup with an excellent technical staff
- 100M+ in funds from one of the largest VC firms in the U.S.
- Grown from 2 to 73 employees in less than 2 years
- Founders are successful, well known, and experts in this domain
- Opportunity to be part of a unique software team developing new technology
- Fast-paced environment, dedication to integrity, excellence, and teamwork
- Chance to help grow an organization and assist in establishing its culture
- Moving into a new office later this year, adding 40+ employees
What will I be doing?
- Developing ground-floor technology, a software platform designed to build distributed applications using the power of the cloud
- Developing various aspects of the new Blockchain-like platform.
- Developing sample web, mobile, and embedded applications to demonstrate the value and strength of the platform
- Assisting third-party developers in the development of a wide range of applications based on the platform
What skills/experience do I need?
- B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science, preferably from a top twenty university program
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as concurrency, performance optimization, and algorithms
- Systems programming experience, including providing services to other software
- Proficiency with Java, including knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools (also open to Python or other languages)
- Familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Commitment to strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular, and high-quality code
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Senior-level experience with architectural design (also open to someone with 3-5 years of experience)
- Familiarity with and interest in mathematical concepts, principles, and techniques
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the Java VM, covering its strengths and weaknesses
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
- Experience with cryptocurrency, blockchain, and/or distributed applications
Location: Remote (with an eventual office in Richardson, TX)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Salary: 100 150k + Stock Options, Excellent Medical Coverage