You wont just shape the world of software. Youll shape the world of life, work and play.
Join the Blockchain revolution at American Express. Be a part of the intrapreneurial team of pioneers and highly technical engineers, designing and building the enterprise Blockchain platform with a mission to tokenize the assets and transform the value exchange. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our Enterprise Blockchain Platform engineering team!
You will be part of a fast-paced engineering team responsible for delivering capabilities developed on Blockchain technology with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers across the globe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead with "People First" principle and empathy for our colleagues and customers
- Continuously learn about the rapidly evolving Blockchain technology, innovate, and contribute in shaping the journey of our platform architecture and services
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Deliver high quality code with a strong sense of ownership in I5 culture (I design, I write, I test, I automate, I support).
- Profile the code and perform unit, integration, and performance testing of all the software components
- Continuously learn new technologies and refactor the code to improve product and customer experience
- Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to introduce new ideas, tools and technologies to build new products, enhance value delivery pipeline and transform customer experience.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience using cloud-native architecture
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- At least 3+ years of hands-on experience in full-stack development with J2EE, NodeJS, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL databases etc.
- Testing and automation framework and tools experience: CI/CD, Virtualization/automation, Jenkins, JMeter, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Mocking frameworks, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha etc.
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in public key cryptography, API security and other advanced cryptographic concepts.
- Hands-on experience with developing Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms
- Experience in developing DApps (decentralized applications) using public blockchain like Ethereum or permissioned blockchains like Hyperledger, Corda etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced Degree preferred
Why American Express
Talk to our people and youll find out what were really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions youll hear. Its our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If youre ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.