Mainframe Linux on Z Systems Programmer
We are basically looking for a mainframe systems programmer experienced with Linux on Z.
This role is responsible for defining and supporting new and existing IBM Z Systems ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), including coordinating the technical resolution of Customer and IBM infrastructure problems through knowledge in platform design and development. They assist teams with different skills and from different service providers to resolve problems and return systems to operational status, including performing 3rd level support related to all customers infrastructure issues, correcting design defects, and developing solutions to stabilize customer environments. In addition, they facilitate communications between the technical team, customer and internal organization to fulfill customer needs and accomplish customer satisfaction.
* Gathering information from and collaborating with customer and technical teams to identify functional (e.g., the technical requirements for making the desired solution work) and non-functional requirements (e.g., change management processes to help ensure a smooth transition).
* Identifying technical solutions for moving from source to target; conducting infrastructure verification to ensure components are working as designed prior to launch; monitoring status to identify potential problems; and implementing upgrades or patches.
* Diagnosing and resolving escalated Level 3 problems, including performing analysis and developing and implementing customized solutions.
* Updating technical teams on project status.
The candidate must possess demonstrated capabilities in multiple disciplines to be considered for this position. These disciplines include open source development, z/OS, Linux on Z, zVM and low level performance exploitation on IBM Z. Leadership and client engagement are an asset.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Relevant technical/business skills required:
* At least 3-year experience as a System Administrator/Programmer
* Working knowledge of Linux on Z, z/OS, and zVM
* Working knowledge of IBM Z computer architecture
* Experience in Cloud and Open Source community development processes and tools
* Proven problem solving skills
- Preferred Professional and Technical Experience
- Experience in developing technical solutions for xliewnts and collaborating across business units
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- English: Fluent
- Performance tuning open source databases
- Understanding of Blockchain technology and deployment
- IBM Z software and hardware background/experience including developing and debugging ASM on this platform