We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome!
Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup, but were put off by the associated risk? At BCG Digital Ventures we launch a new business every month and we have the backing of one of the world’s leading consultancy firms: the Boston Consulting Group. We combine BCG’s resources and domain expertise with our diverse, global team of accomplished designers, engineers, product experts and business strategists to launch ventures in many different industries, incorporating groundbreaking technologies such as blockchain or machine learning. All of us are entrepreneurs at heart, seeking to move quickly and nimbly in order to find new ways of delivering value to our customers.
An Engineering Lead performs the role of CTO on one of our ventures. You are responsible for the technical direction and delivery of the products and businesses we build. This includes everything from hiring and technical architecture, through to pitching for initial funding. You will work closely with our other cohorts such as product and design to ensure the team is focussed on doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way. We believe in and practice servant leadership here, so your prime goal is to bring the best out of the other talented technologists on your venture team, not to do it all yourself.
What you'll get to do
- Grow innovative, groundbreaking products and business that address real customer frictions
- Learn how to found, grow and operate successful startups
- Design and architect innovative, modern architectures
- Build, support and mentor effective teams
- Write code alongside your development team
- Champion a focus on software qualities such as testability, security, scalability, operability etc
- Work with state of the art technologies to solve genuine, real-world problems
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Build strong relationships with product managers, venture architects and designers
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued
- Cross-pollinate good practises and insights between multiple ventures to drive continuous improvement of the DV London Engineering cohort
What you’ll bring
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
- Experience with architectural design whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating technical vision to a variety of team members
- Experience building cloud native software architectures
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. To learn more, visit us at www.bcgdv.com