Senior Software Engineer, Java
Ripple is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build enterprise, distributed payment applications that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value
- Contribute to the development of the Interledger Protocol, a W3C protocol for sending cross-ledger payments
- Integrate with the XRP Ledger, a distributed ledger built on the principles of Blockchain and its native currency XRP, the fastest and most scalable digital asset
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production bank deployments
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A deep understanding of Java and its ecosystem
- Experience building scalable and performant enterprise software
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge - the go-to person on the team for small and large questions
- Ability to encourage engineering best practices in a team and the larger department
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches, breakfasts and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney, Ripple has more than 200 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.