VP, Content Delivery Network
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
VIPER (Video IP Engineering & Research), delivers world class video products and services at unprecedented scale forComcast's Technology and Product Experience division. VIPER embraces a maverick spirit to adapt and create leading edge solutions for Comcast and its partners. Located in the heart of downtown Denver, CO, we create and develop the IP video infrastructure that support tens of millions of customers for on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices.
Responsible for the overall strategy and management of all IP Content Delivery Network (CDN) productswhich includes the development, service delivery and customer support for all Comcast and Syndication Customers. Establishes policies and procedures to deliver world leading business services and provide necessary ongoing service assurance, meeting organizational goals and driving revenues. Constantly seeks to improve the fiscal soundness and operational effectiveness of all initiatives developed in the VIPER engineering departments.
We are seeking the type of leader who has broken streaming records and had a significant impact on the video landscape. Someone with deep technical competence who has contributed major technology advancements to the CDN industry or in the video delivery market. A leader with the ability to go dive deep technically and also have abroad impact across the organization by inspiring and leading a large team to be the best in the CDN industry. This leader must have a desire and knowledge to operate and support a huge scale delivery mechanism that tens of millions of customers rely on everyday. They must also illustrate their focus on customers and be obsessed with delivering the best customer experiences. Having abroad industry network with a deep knowledge of solution providers' technology with expertise in open source would also be greatly beneficial in this role
- Responsible for overseeing and directing the multi-site national CDN infrastructure.
- Responsibilities include strategic planning, performance management, coaching & development, and oversight ofCDNorganization.
- Creates and drives business strategies to provide superior technical development and support through services, products, and policies.
- Provides expertise and knowledge ofCDNervices, products, and policies to top business leaders and partners to prescribe solutions for customer, sales, and field operations challenges.
- Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results.
- Cultivates culture of development and Net Promotor achievement throughout the organization.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Develops and implements operations strategies designed to helpCDNsolutionsachieve business and financial strategies and objectives.
- Directs and oversees department management, ensuring all changes and modifications relevant to department policies, procedures, and operations are adopted.
- Provides technical leadership with regard to all facets of operations. Plans develops and implements management strategy to respond to customer needs and market demands.
- Sets standards of performance for all levels of operations to promote sales and to meet established departmental goals.
- Ensures operating departments comprehend the expense process and allocate their resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Provides direction and guidance necessary to assure the efficient and cost-effective operation within approved operating and capital budgets for the departments.
- Closely connects with industry best practices to enable growth and scale across ourCDNoperations segments.
- Education Level: Degree in Engineering.
- Field of Study: Engineering
- Years' Experience: Minimum of 15 years experience in IP content delivery, IP video streaming and deep understanding of drivers and technologies trends.
- Expertise: Practical expertise in live streaming operations proven ability in supporting large scale events events such as Olympics, World Cup or breaking news.
- Desired: deep knowledge of video streaming, block chain and P2P networking
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer