Backend Developer - Python (m/f/d)
Start: as soon as possible
Employment: full time
Field of activity
- At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be assigned to an agile team.
- You will be writing code which interacts directly with the well-known blockchains like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and others.
- If you are looking for a position, that will be both challenging and rewarding in equal measures, then Bitpanda is the right place to work.
What you should offer
- Excellent Python 3 skills (i.e. beyond scripting)
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming in general
- Message-driven programming
- Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
- Knowledge of asynchronous, non-blocking and/or multiprocessing code
- Strong experience with Git
- Knowledge of packaging and deployment for Python (e.g. pip)
- Advantageous: blockchain-specific programming knowledge (building transactions, fee calculation, knowing what UTXO is)
- Advantageous: Understanding of blockchains and specific blockchain instances
- Advantageous: Experience with Docker
- Advantageous: Experience with Django
- Advantageous: knowledge of the Python scientific stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn)
What we offer
- A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Responsibility over exciting and challenging projects that have a direct visible impact on Bitpanda’s customers and the industry
- Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
- Very positive work environment in a young, international and motivated team
- A brand new office in the heart of beautiful Vienna, Austria
Are you ready for this exciting ride into the future with us?
Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application.
Note: Bitpanda offers an ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible overpayment depending on the qualifications