Senior Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer Remote Option, GPU, OpenCL for Blockchain Technology. Work 100% remotely on ground-floor development! Choose between full-time employment and contracting.
Why should I apply here?
- An early-stage, forward-thinking startup with an excellent technical staff
- 100M+ in funds from one of the largest VC firms in the U.S.
- Grown from 2 to 73 employees in less than 2 years
- Founders are successful, well known, and experts in this domain
- Opportunity to be part of a unique software team developing new technology
- Fast-paced environment, dedication to integrity, excellence, and teamwork
- Chance to help grow an organization and assist in establishing its culture
- Moving into a new office later this year, adding 40+ employees
What will I be doing?
- Developing various aspects of the companys platform
- Designing and architecting a GPU optimization solution for accelerating cryptographic functions (hashing, signature verification, etc.)
- Developing OpenCL code to accelerate cryptographic functions
- Developing efficient interface code between system software and OpenCL code running on GPUs
- Participating in system design solutions that maximize the use of GPUs for improving overall system performance
- Developing sample applications (web, mobile, and embedded) to demonstrate the value and strength of the platform
- Assisting 3rd-party engineers in the development of a wide range of applications
- Working as a hands-on programmer, spending 80% of your time coding
What skills/experience do I need?
- As much of the following as possible:
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as concurrency, performance optimization, and reusability
- Excellent programming skills in OpenCL (or CUDA)
- Deep understanding of and experience with the Java VM
- Proficiency in Java with knowledge of ecosystem of libraries and tools
- Fluency in tools and techniques necessary for GPU development
- Background in low-level and embedded system design and system integration
- Experience with systems programming, including providing services to other software
- Familiarity with geo-distributed database architecture and SQL experience
- Background in developing libraries and platforms for use and deployment by application developers
- Commitment to strong engineering principles and processes aimed at developing simple, modular, and high-quality code
What will make my résumé stand out?
- Background in architectural design, familiarity with high-performance architectural systems and design patterns
- Experience with blockchain technologies (e.g., Bitcoin or Ethereum) and distributed applications
- Understanding of and interest in mathematical concepts, principles, and techniques
- Familiarity with test-driven software development processes and continuous integration tools and systems
Location: Richardson, TX (Remote)
Citizenship: U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. This company is currently unable to provide sponsorship (e.g., H1B).
Contract Rate: Open
Salary: 110 150k + Stock Options, Excellent Medical Coverage