Sr. Software Development Engineer
Horn is partnering with and Austin Based Blockchain Innovation Company...
From day one, youll be rolling up your sleeves and leading a team of engineers to extend our blockchain-as-a-service platform. Our core offering is a set of REST APIs and SDKs designed for developers to add blockchain capabilities to their applications.
Youll be working with a back-end stack that includes Python, Django, Postgres, RESTful APIs, GitHub, Red Hat 3scale, Kubernetes, and CircleCI, hosted primarily on Google Cloud Platform.
What were looking for in our next team member:
- Substantial experience working in a role such as Full Stack Developer or Software Development Engineer
- Proficiency in a Linux or Unix environment
- Background in distributed systems and cloud native applications
- 4 years recent experience working with Python and Python-based frameworks such as Celery, Django, and Flask
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Experience building and maintaining APIs via RESTful web services
- A track-record of creating and maintaining automated tests (unit, acceptance tests)
- BS in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent)
The following skills will help you be successful in our team
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer-centric; a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- Propensity to iterate on products in weekly cycles - a bias for action
- A positive entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to be flexible in our changing environment
- A passion for programming and software engineering; a big plus if you've contributed to open-source software
- Able to handle ambiguity
- Highly collaborative - able to work successfully across teams
- Logical and strong problem-solving skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of engineers
- Supporting the design of our next-generation systems
- Developing software, owning the entire lifecycle from design, specification, implementation, to verification and release.
- Leading a broad aspect of SaaS operations
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of other engineers and product managers to plan and estimate the teams work in a Sprint workflow; big plus if youve used Jira/Confluence
- Working in a fast-moving but stable environment in a continuous deployment workflow - testing and QA is very much a part of your role
- Mentoring junior developers
***MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK INTHE US WITH OUT RESTRICTION***