Manulife / John Hancock
Robotics Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, where you can “Make decisions easier, Lives made better” for our customers, shareholders and employees.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of a team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we build software and we want you to be part of it!
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of customers and shareholders rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking for a self-motivated experienced engineer to join our John Hancock Robotic Automation Solutions team. Join an exciting and growing team that is at the cutting edge of technology while supporting a mature financial services organizationteam in Boston or Portsmouth, MA.
If you are comfortable with various types of programming languages including computing languages that are focused on the ingestion of unstructured data, we would like to talk to you!
As an Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, product owners, architects, designers and other engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives.
- Design and deliver cloud-native services and data structures that enable an exceptional user experience,
- Design, develop, test, deliver, maintain & improve business applications; apply creative problem solving to bring designs to life using cutting edge technologies & techniques.
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality.
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions.
- Apply and promote Agile principles and methodology, following various engineering practices and approaches.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment – you will love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an Insurance & Financial Services giant.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, pair programming, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features.
- Learn via Pluralsight technical platform, webinars, conferences, on-site training, incubators and self-exploration and experimentation about various techniques and technologies.
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets or financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!).
Desired Technical skills
- Experience with developing IP calls using multiple coding languages
- Ability to engineer an IT wrapper (i.e. framework) that could connect various technologies specifically OCR/ICR, (Optical Character Recognition/Image Character Recognition), NLP (Natural Language Processing) and Machine Learning, through API calls.
- Experience with Blockchain programming is an added value