CYPROCURRENCY INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER
CYPROCURRENCY INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER
The Cryptocurrency Information Security Officer is a critical role responsible managing & monitoring Information Security practices in a business unit working with CIO & the management team, focusing on Digital Asset Businesses. As part of the Enterprise Cyber Security, Strategy, and Product Management & Engagement Business the, Information Security Officer (ISO) implements, manages, maintains, and monitors cyber security policy and programs for an assigned business unit. The Cryptocurrency Information Security Officer will be supporting the Trading and Custodial Services for Digital Currency investors division.
- Manage overall relationship with Group CEO and CIO’s, engaging in regular two-way communication
- Manage team of Business ISOs and Analysts to support Cyber security compliance and integration of Cyber security product lines with Business Unit assets, critical processes, and client/regulatory requirements.
- Establish baseline for current level of BU cybersecurity awareness and policy compliance, identifying deficiencies, developing and monitoring plans for gap closure
- Work with Business Leadership team to support implementation of Cyber security products, engaging Cyber security support as needed
- Support Business specific client and regulatory agencies requirements, engaging Cyber security support as needed
- Monitor crypto-currency ecosystem trends, technological developments, threats, vulnerabilities, and risk management strategies, and work with Cyber security and business teams to establish, design, and implement appropriate solutions accordingly.
- Role sits in the Enterprise CyberSecurity Services (ECS) group in the Corporate Technology Group
- This role is to be the CISO for a new business unit – Fidelity Digital Asset Services (FDAS)
- FDAS provides customers with a Cryptocurrency Trading Platform based on Blockchain technology.
- Reports to the SVP in ECS Group, with a matrix line into the CIO of the FDAS business unit
- Must have Info Security and business expertise
- Excellent communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to develop relationships with business stakeholders and other IT groups
- Should have a broad IT background in App Dev, Infrastructure, and Info Security
- Could be a former CISO from a large company, bank, or a mid-size or start-up firm
- Will manage a small team to start (3-4 staff), and grow over time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Proven leadership / management capabilities to work with Business executives & working in a dynamic environment
- Hands on experience with Blockchain, CryptoCurrencies (eg bitcoin, etherium, ripple, etc) and CyberSecurity
- Ability to Synthesis Data & work with technology teams to focus on prioritizing Cyber risk
- Expertise with cyber security programs, network and computing infrastructure, cloud architectures and implementations
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of cryptography, symmetric/asymmetric (public/private key), hash functions, encryption and signatures.
- Experience deploying software and network infrastructure including blockchain nodes
- Demonstrated strong team management, development skills and cross functional team leadership experience
- Knowledge of Block Chain & Crypto currency industry standards, frameworks and best practices, such as NIST Cyber Security Framework and CryptoCurrency Security Standards (CCSS)
- Policy and Process Assessment skills, ability to identify gaps, communicate relevance to BU and Fidelity goals, and drive plans to close them
- Provide thought leadership on risk mitigation strategies for Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Blockchain platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple, etc – and the Security issues they cause and how to resolve them
- Blockchain/DLT knowledge and implementation experience, not just “took a few classes”
- Strong Software Development background – formerly hands on, now a Team Lead or Dev Mgr. Good knowledge of Python and Corda.
- Strong relationship management and communications skills.
- Understanding of Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain platforms and the
- Ability to communicate specific business, technology, and cyber security requirements to all levels of the organization