DBA Architect/Database Administrator
Who We Are
Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently.
Backed by Intercontinental Exchanges proven financial market infrastructure and technology, Bakkts secure global platform will connect investors, merchants and consumers, making it easier, faster and more cost-effective to access, trade and use digital assets. Bakkts open-source, neutral platform will be designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements, and to support innovation around digital assets and blockchain applications
A hands-on Database Architect who can design, code and provide architecture solutions for the team, including but not limited to database design, data modeling, and data integration using cutting edge technologies including open source tools on Azure Cloud platforms.
- Development Design and build database and data engineering solutions to serve the needs across the Consumer Identity Organization.
- Data Modeling Apply your expertise to help model structured and unstructured data. Own these models at a high level, and consult with feature teams to help them model applications.
- Data Integration Plan and build data integrations between systems. Figure out the best way to share information and build the tech needed to execute.
- Data Stewardship Own or support the data definitions and lineage across our organization.
- Experience in a high transaction processing environment (payments or E-commerce)
- Define systems of record, catalog operational and non-operational data stores. Consult with features teams on how to get the data they need.
- Monitoring: Define monitoring for the data layer and enable high availability and resiliency across the data layer.
- Mentoring Help teach other team members about data architecture, and also be a consultant for developers who need help with data.
- Engineer reusable capabilities and pipelines for DML, DDL, maintenance, and ETL needs that can be shared across teams.
- Stay current on technical knowledge and tooling to help the team utilize new technologies.
- At least 2 years of experience developing, deploying, testing in Cloud (Azure)
- At least 2 years experience in system analysis
- Exposure to disaster recovery and data warehousing
- At least 4 years of experience working on data projects and data management engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in different database technologies including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Dynamo DB, AWS RDS (SQL and non-SQL)
- Azure and Database Certifications
- 3+ years of experience in at least one scripting and one programming language (e.g. Python)
- 5+ years of experience developing software solutions
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
This is a full-time position with Bakkt and we offer excellent medical benefits, 401k with a company match, ability to participate in an employee discounted stock purchasing plan, access to a state-of-the-art gym as well as incredible opportunities for career growth.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law