Senior Backend Software Developer (Java) (m/f/d) - Car eWallet platform
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are a vital element of our team driving the development and design of our platform’s core and use-case specific features. You bring along well-founded experience in various aspects of systems engineering and development of decentralized applications and, thus, enrich our lively discussions with a strong opinion and an urge to build amazing software. You are excited to get involved with product planning, enjoy sharing knowledge and discover new technological possibilities together with the team.
- Shape the development of the Car eWallet platform and implement use case specific extensions to onboard new service providers to our network.
- Lead a small development team and support your teammates to solve day-to-day challenges.
- Develop and implement testing strategies to drive code quality.
- Work with our technical operations team on automated build creation, deployment and monitoring using tools like Jenkins, Docker, openshift, etc.
- Create concepts for software architecture and analyze and rate existing ones.
- Management of Incident- and Problem Management.
- Completed studies in software engineering or applied computer science or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in software development.
- Very profound knowledge of development in object oriented programming with e.g. Java, Go etc. and advanced knowledge in Spring (boot) or similar frameworks.
- Experiences in Blockchain Technologies (e.g. Hyperledger Fabric) is as a plus.
- Good analytical skills combined with a comprehensive understanding of development processes.
- High assertiveness with moderation and communication skills as well as the ability to work in an agile team (method SCRUM using tools like JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket).
- Structured working style, initiative, organizational and team skills.
- Very profound knowledge of Container Technologies, PaaS, Cloud infrastructure or microservices.
- Very profound knowledge of object-oriented design patterns (UML or similar modeling languages).
- Good command of spoken and written English, Speaking German is a plus, willingness to travel.
- A confident and reliable appearance in contact with customers and suppliers.
- Competitive salary
- Young and dynamic start-up environment
- Team events (offsite, lunches, hiking, holiday party and more)
- Public transportation ticket
- Flexible work hours and home office policy
- A budget for conferences, education, and books
- Free choice of hardware
- A great location in the very heart of Berlin
A valid work permit and residence permit in Germany are prerequisites to apply.