Full Stack Engineer - NodeJS/React/SQL/Solidity - NYC
Full Stack Engineer - to help us scale our cutting-edge legal contract management platform built on blockchain technology
$80,000 - $90,000 plus options (ESOP).
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or green card holders.
Your role will give you the chance to work across all teams in the business and it will also give you the opportunity to leave your mark in a fast growing exciting new industry. Maintaining an open mind and patience, as well as good analytical and problem-solving skills are crucial aspects of working with a maturing technology like blockchain.
You should feel comfortable collaborating with a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment where you are expected to understand and actively participate in the software development lifecycle using Git, Shell Scripts, Continuous Testing & Integration, Task Tracking and Agile Development Methodologies.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of software development experience
- JS frontend development (React)
- JS server-side development (Node.js)
- Unit testing (e.g. Mocha, Chai)
- Experience with Ethereum (Solidity, Web3)
- Experience with content-addressable storage (e.g. IPFS)
- Experience with relational databases / SQL
- Track record of open source contributions
- Willingness and curiosity to learn about blockchains and smart contract technology
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Critical thinking and audacity to challenge assumptions
- Good communication skills
Monax has been a pioneer in the application of permissioned blockchains and smart contracts since 2014 by developing the first permissioned Ethereum Virtual Machine (Hyperledger Burrow) and engineering one of the most comprehensive, modular smart contract frameworks.
Based on an extensive experience with blockchain-based applications that deliver business process automation across industry ecosystems Monax has built a ground-breaking, next generation legal transacting platform that is applicable across many industries.
You will have the opportunity to join a business building and improving a genuinely novel system that creates an entirely new market by enabling legal products that challenge existing paradigms of how legal services are provided and consumed.
Monax offers you to acquire extremely marketable blockchain and cryptocurrency skills as well as the chance to make blockchain systems live up to their hype by building a user experience that exposes the power of our approach while minimizing the friction of transacting with a decentralised system.
You will have a high level of autonomy. The successful candidate will be based in our New York work space with the possibility of flexible working and choosing your own hours and place of work when established.