Manager, Software Engineering - Blockchain Group
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the worlds most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations.
Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. They have also kept their coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment. We're looking for such a manager for a newly created software engineering team which will be part of Facebook's new blockchain group.
The group is a startup within Facebook, with a vision to make blockchain technology work at Facebook scale and improve the lives of billions of people around the world. The Tel-Aviv engineering team will participate in shaping and pushing forward this vision, while focusing on the development of a state-of-the-art near real-time AI platform, to serve the blockchain project.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 3+ years of Engineering Management experience in a big-data and ML environments
- Familiarity with the data science to production life cycle, including bringing machine learning models to practical use in production
- 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, Scala, Python, and/or PHP
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work experience)