At Edward Jones, a Fortune 500 firm, you have the opportunity to do meaningful work for our 7 million clients and 44,000 associates. You'll be engaged in interesting projects, solutions-based innovation and professional growth opportunities in a culture that promotes work-life balance. There's something at Edward Jones for every type of IT talent - find your place here.
It's an exciting time at the firm because we are reimagining the way we deliver applications by adopting a microservices architecture, expanding our mobile footprint and streamlining our software pipeline. We are also adopting new technology such as containerization and cloud computing while exploring IT innovations such as artificial intelligence, robotics and blockchain. Associates can also participate in codefest competitions to showcase new technology opportunities.
What we do
The IS division provides technology that makes it easier for branch teams, clients and headquarters associates to do business. Key strategies include:
- Innovation to provide industry-leading tools that help the firm serve clients
- Providing the firm with superior technology tools compared to those of our competition
- Integrating our systems to provide a seamless and cohesive suite of tools
- Protecting our clients' information and the firm's information through state-of-the-art security tools and processes
Where we are headed
The IS division provides systems and support critical to the firm achieving its' 2020 Vision. Whether IS associates are designing a new portfolio tool, enhancing infrastructure or determining how to offer a new feature on www.edwardjones.com, everything we do supports our branch teams and the clients they serve.
What we need
- Typical roles include programming, systems administration and project leadership positions that are responsible for creating the tools and systems used by our clients and branches every day.
- Successful individuals will have strong analytical and communication skills in addition to their technical knowledge. Furthermore, in order to support the clients and branches, they must have an understanding of our business and industry.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Five or more years experience in software development and support of Client/Server Web environments.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, & SQL
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor, as required
**We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time**