Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup building P2P protocols and tools for automating the finance industry. Specifically, we design protocols and build platforms for decentralised Financial Market Infrastructure (dFMI).
We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire an Internal Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Operations team, working closely with Devops to manage and support our internal infrastructure.
You are a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
As our Internal Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for our internal infrastructure - ensuring maximum network and services uptime and having ownership of onsite hardware.
You will be pragmatic with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as a strong sense of 'what good looks like'. You will thrive in a fast-paced and self-learning environment and contribute well in a team setting.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing Level 2 support
- Defining and then delivering the infrastructure roadmap required for the business to scale
- ISO compliance - working closely with our People team to ensure ISO 27001 compliance, GDPR compliance and acting as our data officer
- Facilitating internal business information and reporting
- Working closely with our Devops and Platform teams - raising issues to bring back services in instances of downtime
- Determining internal SLAs for this function and ensuring that they are met
- You will have ownership of:
- Administration of the cloud infrastructure
- Access management and security
- Our internal network
Success will be measured by:
- Network and infrastructure uptime
- Incident rates and response time
- Incident resolution time
- Highly available internet
We are looking for people who are not afraid of unknowns and enjoy working with others to problem solve and break new ground.
- Experience of delivering and managing internal infrastructure in an SME or rapidly scaling start-up environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - able to articulate what "good" looks like, work with stakeholders to iterate and agree on a plan and get their buy-in for delivering it
- Demonstrable track record of having built things within a best practice environment
- Strong experience with networking - routers and firewalls
- Basic UNIX skills (Linux)
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure (AWS in particular)
- Happy to provide hands-on support around everything from hardware and peripherals to AV through to the cloud
- Comfortable working in a new field and willing to learn new skills
- Good grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
- Ideally a degree in computing or a related field
- VOIP experience
NICE TO HAVES
- Interest or understanding of new cloud technologies e.g. Kubernetes
- Demonstrable interest in blockchain, cryptography and/or distributed systems